The Ages have shown what controlled breathing exercises or exercises influenced by breathing patterns can do for a human body. The ancient philosophy is ever useable, as modern scientists look to the past for answers. What our heritage brings, is invaluable knowledge, sometimes no research or study can give us the answers.
These gems of culture are found within indigenous tribes, our grandparents, countries, whose ancestry dates back to thousands to BC.
Learning Tai Chi a decade ago… at a mall in Hawaii, amongst a group of seniors, the octogenarians, nonagenarians helped me understand that these exercises are based on principles and philosophies of life. It is way of living, like the yoga classes we had to attend growing up school in Eastern India. It was a part of curriculum, a something of sorts to shape us the future into better humans. These profound traditions have multiple purposes and appreciating without distorting their names is what seniors, our elderly in the world are signaling to the western societies.
Here are a few places for seniors to learn, watch, attend, or commit to ancient breathing exercises:
1. A local mall, in your town
2. A senior center with supervised instructions, group or private
3. A festival… a religious institution. A cultural public or community space
4. A park, with facilities
5. A traditional class setting
6. A group of elderly committed to such healthy practices, exercises and congregating in each person’s home or a community center
7. A camp for seniors, wellbeing, to help cope with traditional methodology
8. Tailoring to seniors of all walks of life, physical, mental, financial , social, emotional is key factor…some of these have benefits beyond research.
Movement is the key word in these, breathing is the essence, and exercise is the form or state of one in…
Keeping alive these forms in all parts of the world, is a means to better aging, encouraging, empowering elderly to continue what they prefer and like is more healthy and wise. We welcome insight, deeper conversations, that we can share with others of our world.
HYGGE AIM, Inc dba mihygge