While a ladle cradling a prized dish may be enticing or even nostalgic, so are the historical eateries, established, some hundreds of years ago. The spirit of warmth, if walls could talk or the floor to transform are discoveries waiting to be discovered.
Visiting the The White Hart Inn in Edinburgh, Scotland in 2017, or eating at MTR in Bangalore, India… is a sight to be experienced, and a sight for all ages. Seniors like comforting known things, young people like challenging their own appetites, and the others similarly so …
What makes these behemoths monumental are the styles, traditions, recipes, décor, storytelling, that one may not yet in newer franchises. But that be said, there are many that are joining these unique lists with unique plans, unique dishes and growing new friendships, relationships and communities.
Appetite is …an all-encompassing word, used in myriad ways, here are ways to bring back the dining experiences for seniors:
- Menu and take outs from historical restaurants or ones closely catering to needs of elderly
- A trip to the local diner, with family, friends, group etc
- Private chef dinner at place of aging or home
- Sharing stories around these places
- Celebrating favorite things or milestones at historical places
- Visiting local markets, trying out recipes from back then
- Completing or making dining a part of tour itinerary for all elderly
- Making these special dining experiences elderly friendly, disabled friendly
- Empowering elderly to pick out their choices, vs vice versa
- Believing in the culture of dining
Dining as a winning of cultures, minds, strategies, finer culinary skills, we must bid adieu, but before we do, we welcome you to share your thoughts, pointers, experiences, names of such places. We look forward to and love you sharing this as healthy aging communities grow, prosper and embrace life’s simple pleasures.
HYGGE AIM, Inc dba mihygge