How old is too old? A number’s game!
While we pride ourselves on our accomplishments, we are silently held accountable for our age…
Has it ever occurred as to how and why we ever come to 65 as the geriatric age in many
countries and some much earlier than that? What makes us grow old or never grow old? Is it the mindset?
Our food, our culture, our being, our community, our land, our water, our economy?
Aging is a numbers game, for healthy aging is defined differently in every part of this world. Wrinkles
are welcomed in some while shunned in others. Senior living and care are enjoyed by some while dreaded by others. What makes us this way? Who and what is the influence?
Our definition of aging looks back at the traditions of childbearing and childrearing, hunting, gathering, and conquering! Hence, thirty was old a few hundred years ago when lifespans were significantly shorter.
And now, with the advances in artificial ways of anti-aging, we consider aging a game of
Is this a way to slow down aging, magic, or a human mind’s inability to appreciate the cycle of
human life? We look at ways we can change and embrace aging for a healthier, appreciative world!
- Accepting aging is a natural and beautiful phenomenon. Accepting aging with a positive attitude helps
- Wrinkles are not always natural and can be caused by the intake of harmful chemicals in many ways,
- Sedentary life is not healthy aging, an active lifestyle is.
- Good nutrition, eradicating crash diets, and proper hydration are necessary.
- Learning something new is part of healthy aging. It is never too late to learn something.
- Making conversations more meaningful and interesting and leaning away from gossip can be
inspiring and empowering for our brains.
- A working mind is a healthy mind always… So keeping busy even with simple daily things is
It is critical to mental health and the attitude towards aging.
- Feelings of gratitude for everything can bring the joys of aging closer.
- Healthy aging, looking younger is not a competition, and it should never be… and understanding
Every person is on their own time cycle.
- Healthy aging is also about personal growth in every dimension.
Well, many of the above make it a non-numbers game, but we do have a long way to go. We can start right today if we make up our minds! Many times we will have to make choices in the best interests of our own health and age, and this is the healthy aging life’s simple pleasures or mihygge.
No one is too old for anything. With this, we conclude, that we always love to hear from our readers,
other bloggers and followers… Feel free to share your thoughts, because not one answer fits all! Thank you.
Until next time…